FahrenHouse goes beyond a mere editorial planning. The project also includes other typical academic activities, such as organizing and promoting seminars and scientific events. The main aim consists in creating spaces for the dissemination of the most recent and original contributions to the Social Sciences, as well as establishing international links based on scientific cooperation.
Transfer, Transnationalization and Transformation of Education Policies (1945-2018). International Conference on Politics and History of Education / June 3-5, 2020 / University of La Laguna (Tenerife, Spain)
This symposium focuses on generating a space for analysis, debate and reflection on the importance of the international organizations in the modernization processes and changes in curriculum policies in the international context. Around these processes of educational transfer, another purpose is to analyse the philosophical concept of the model of society and education that the indicated educational vision was based on. In short, it is about introducing new historical, philosophical, political, and comparative perspectives of analysis to help us to examine the origin of this concept and the directions taken by education systems in the global context.
For this reason, this symposium will pay special attention to the following topics:
- Transfer and importation processes of curriculum policies.
- The influence and importance of international organizations in the creation and evolution of curriculum policies.
- Historical impacts on curriculum policies and teaching and learning processes at the national level.
- The philosophical, theoretical and conceptual components of such educational policies.
- New spaces for schooling, the universalization of education systems, and their effects on the curriculum.
- New educational players in the processes of change generated.
- Implications for the organization, administration and management of education systems.
- Creation of new transfer, exchange and training circuits for research and scientific staff.
- The role of public diplomacy in educational transfer processes.
- Influences on research into education.
More information on the official website of the event ⇒
Postponed / Transfer, Transnationalization and Transformation of Education Policies (1945-2018). International Conference on Politics and History of Education
Programme / Transfer, Transnationalization and Transformation of Education Policies (1945-2018). International Conference on Politics and History of Education
Globalizing the student rebellion in the long ’68. Conference in History of Education / October 3-5, 2018 / University of Valencia (Spain)
The objective of this Symposium is to create a space for reflection and exchange of ideas between researchers from different backgrounds and historiographical currents on young university students in action during the 'long '68’. Within the general theme of the Symposium, among the many topics covered, special emphasis will be placed on the following:
- The international synergies, influences, exchanges and interconnections between separate university student movements.
- The political and pedagogical backgrounds of the motivations, claims and aspirations of the students involved.
- The capacity for social mobilisation, the integration of alternative political players, and negotiation with the Institutions.
- The philosophical component and the sociological background of «young people in action».
- The roles of women as protagonists in the '68.
- Youth cultures and counter-cultures.
- Representations of student mobilisations in social imaginaries.
- Revolutionary mythology.
- The educational dimension of university youth in action.
- The discourses and experiences of social, cultural and political development in community environments.
- The impact and/or traces of the long '68 that are still discernable today.
This Symposium also has the aim of contributing to the current debate on the situation of scientific communication in the area of History of Education. To this end, the 2nd Workshop of Journals of History of Education will be held to address such issues.
Globalizing the student rebellion in the long ’68
Globalizing the student rebellion in the long ’68. Conference in History of Education – Program (definitive)
Pedagogy in the face of Death. Reflections and interpretations in historical and philosophical perspective. Conference in History of Education / February 26-27, 2015 / University of Valladolid (Spain)
The Conference aims to begin reflecting on some issues, such as:
- the dynamics of ethical issues related to the «good death» in the past and the need for a «preparation», both in secular and religious sense in the course of life;
- in which degree the spectacle of death makes it «normal» in terms of the media, but not an ethical-emotional issue;
- the role of Pedagogy in its philosophical, anthropological and educational aspects, in front of the collective death, either caused by wars, attacks, various forms of repression, such as the concentration camps, or caused by natural disasters and tragedies of significant dimension;
- the idea of educating human beings to mourning, starting from childhood and continuing into adulthood;
- the problem of ipertechnologization of death in the modern and postmodern world;
- the strategies to deconstruct the taboo of death, whose separation from the world of the living makes it a topos:
- the ways in which Pedagogy, understood as an idea derived from Humanities, is facing its own extinction, gradually supplanted by the technologies of education.
- The purpose of the Conference is also to contribute to the debate on scientific communication in the field of the History of Education and on its consequences that have a significant fallout on the forms and ways to build the discipline, as well as on the possibilities technological advancement could offer to the historians of education.
We also like to review critically the prevailing model of management and quality assessment of scientific journals, as well as exploring alternatives. To these issues will be dedicated the Workshop on scientific journals dedicated to the History of Education.
Mors certa, hora incerta. Tradiciones, representaciones y educación ante la muerte
La Pedagogía ante la Muerte: reflexiones e interpretaciones en perspectivas histórica y filosófica. Simposio...
Educación y Desarrollo en África: Historia y Actualidad. Simposio de Pedagogía / Abril 17-19, 2013 / Facultad de Educación de Palencia. University of Valladolid (España)
Los propósitos del Simposio Educación y desarrollo en África. Historia y actualidad son establecer un tiempo para la reflexión, abrir un espacio para el diálogo y la comunicación científica, proseguir con la ardua, pero necesaria tarea de continuar desentrañando lo que la educación en África ha sido, es y puede llegar a ser; también lo que aquélla ha hecho y puede hacer de ésta.
Más precisamente, las cuestiones sobre las que se pretende arrojar luz son: ¿Qué papel desempeñaron los sistemas educativos durante la época colonial? ¿En qué medida contribuyeron a hacer del continente lo que a día de hoy es? ¿Qué pervive de los sistemas educativos metropolitanos? ¿Cuáles son las vías de financiación internacional para el desarrollo de la educación? ¿Qué papel desempeñan las familias en la socialización y educación de las jóvenes generaciones? ¿Dónde queda el derecho a una educación diferenciada de las minorías étnicas? ¿Cuáles son las contribuciones de las ONGs y qué papel desempeñan en la promoción del desarrollo por vía de la educación? ¿Qué efectos tiene la guerra en la infancia? ¿Cuáles son los retos, los límites y las posibilidades del continente africano en materia de educación?